Kujtesa is the leading provider of cable TV and broadband internet services in Kosovo. Kujtesa provides all-in-one off-the shelf and tailor made solutions for businesses and households in areas of Internet, Digital TV and Fixed Telephony.
Kujtesa was established in 1995 initially as a computer hardware retailer and later moved on to provide Internet services. In 2006, Kujtesa entered the cable TV market in Kosovo. Today, Kujtesa TV platform consists of 125+ channels including KSport channel platform.
Kujtesa is dedicated to providing services meeting the needs of businesses and households, and providing them with reasonable price solutions that precisely match their requirements. Kujtesa provides customers with services that advance their experience in life, work, learning and entertainment.
KSport Channel platform was launched in October 2012 with the aim of bringing global sporting events to Kosovars through KSport channels. In 2015, Kujtesa acquired the exclusive rights for the most Elite sports competitions in Europe – Champions League, Europa League and European Super Cup football tournaments. Kujtesa also provides live matches from the German Bundesliga and Turkish Superleague. Kujtesa additionally has exclusive rights to live broadcasts of NBA matches. All latest news from KSport platform can be found at fb.com/kujtesasport.
Kujtesa has developed state of the art network infrastructure throughout Kosovo in full compliance with ITU specifications. Digital HFC network covers nearly 65% of the population (approximately 250,000 households). Infrastructure includes 300 km of metropolitan fiber and 600 km of backbone fiber installed. Wireless network covers nearly 98% of the population.
Key Historical Dates
- 1995 Kujtesa was founded as a computer hardware retailer
- 2000 Wireless data network implemented in Prishtina
- 2001 Expansion of network coverage in all urban and sub-urban areas in Kosovo
- 2003 First fiber-optic interconnection with Telecom Montenegro established
- 2006 Entrance in cable operator market in Kosovo
- 2007 Expansion of TV channel offerings to a total of 65 TV channels
- 2008 Equity injection
- 2009 First round of acquisitions of local cable TV and internet operators
- 2012 Launch of Kujtesa platform of Sports channels
- 2013 Introduction of new broadband internet technology Eurodocsis 3.0
- 2014 Second round of acquisitions of local cable TV and internet operators
- 2015 Number of TV channels reaches 160.
- 2016 Expansion of network in rural areas (nearly 98% of Kosovo territory)